www.monumentaustralia.org.au

6th Light Horse MemorialPrint Page Print this page

03-May-2015
03-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

A monument which consists of concrete walls, gates, platform and steps leading to playing fields commemorates those who served in the 6th Light Horse Regiment in conflicts in which Australia has been involved. 

There are small garden beds on the platform and two metal flagpoles on east and west sides.
 

 

Location

Address:Vaux Street, Holman Oval, Cowra, 2794
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.836431
Long: 148.688127
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 15th March, 1991
Left Side Inscription

DEDICATED TO ALL WHO SERVED
     FROM THIS DISTRICT
             WITH THE
6TH LIGHT HORSE REGIMENT
     15th MARCH 1991

Plaque :

THEIR SERVICE - OUR HERITAGE

Men of the Light Horse - your sacrifice & deeds and
those of following generations of Australians who
fought for Australia will remain ever etched in the
       history of a grateful nation.

Defence of ANZAC      South Africa 1899 - 1902
Rumani                        Sari Bair
Gaza - Beersheba       Egypt 1915 - 1917
Jordon - Esail              Jerusalem
Megiddo                      Jordan - Amman
South West Pacific      Palestine 1917 - 1918
Cape Endaladere       Buna Gona
Senemi - Creek


This plaque is dedicated to the memory of all those who
served in the 6th Light Horse Regiment NSW
             Mounted Rifles
          in peace and war 
  This plaque was unveiled by
     Hon John Sharp MP
Federal Member for Hume
       23rd April 1998.

Organised by: The Australian Veterans and Defence Services Council 
& Department of Veterans Affairs.

 

 

 

Right Side Inscription

This commemorative plaque 
was unveiled by 
Alby Schultz MP 
Federal Member for Hume 
on 20th October 2001
to commemorate the 55th and final
annual reunion of members of the 
6th Light Horse / 
6th Australian Motor Regiment.

The 6th Light Horse was:
Formed in 1914
Disbanded in 1919
Reformed in 1922
Mobilised in 1939
Redesignated to 6th Australian Motor Regiment 1941
Disbanded in 1943

Squadron Headquarters
Orange/Millthorpe
A Sqn
Cowra / Canowindra / Mandurama / Toogong
B Sqn
Parkes / Forbes / Condobolin / Trundle
C Sqn
Dubbo / Peak Hill / Narromine / Gilgandra

 

 

Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design