Carlingford Honour RollPrint Page
Carlingford Honour Roll is a wooden roll commemorating those who served in World War One. A replica of the roll was unveiled in 1988 and is located at the original War Memorial Hall site at the intersection of Marsden and Pennant Hills Road.
One of the most successful public functions held in the village was the unveiling of the honor board presented by Private W. Edwards. The board is a substantial wooden structure, the work of Mr. J. Allen, and the lettering was a donation from that gentleman. The whole of the cost of the board was born by Private W. Edwards, and the chairman, in announcing that fact, called for three cheers for our generous soldier boy, who is at present in France. These were heartily given. On the platform (the lorry of Mr. C. Franks carefully camouflaged with flags and bunting) were Alderman J. Neil (chairman), Lady Cook, Mr. and Mrs. A. Bruntnell, the Revs J. Young and H. Howard (Methodist), Mr. F. C. Cox, Major C. W. C. Marr, M.C., D.S.O., and Alderman De Low, Parramatta. Many parents and relatives of those whose names are on the board were present. Lady Cook unveiled the board.
The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers Advocate
(Parramatta, NSW), 23 November & 21 December 1918.
|Address:||Lloyds Avenue & Boundary Road, Carlingford Branch Library, Carlingford, 2118|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.782314|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr J. Allen|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 1st December, 1918|