www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St George`s Anglican Church Honour Roll Print Page Print this page

18-September-2017
18-September-2017

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
The Honour Roll commemorates men and women of the parish who served in World War One.  The honour roll was placed in the Soldiers Memorial Chapel which was dedicated in 1923. 

At St. George's Church of England Malvern, last Sunday afternoon Archbishop Lees dedicated a sailor and soldiers' memorial chapel in memory of the men and women church workers who had served in the war. The tablet, which is of brass, is situated on the north side of the chancel. There was a crowded congregation. Included among those who attended were Lady Charlotte Rous, accompanied by Miss Currie. The Archbishop based his remarks on the text, "We passed through fire, and through water," which he applied to the ordeal of war and said that God had brought us through triumphantly.
Prahran Telegraph (Vic), 26 October 1923.

Location

Address:296 Glenferrie Road, St. George`s Anglican Church, Malvern, 3144
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.855307
Long: 145.029926
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 21st October, 1923
Front Inscription
             1914                   1918
       TO THE GLORY OF GOD
                       and 
In memory of Those who from this Parish served in the Great War 
                  [Names ] 
                    Nurses
                  [Names} 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design