St Oswald`s Anglican ChurchPrint Page
The former St Oswald`s Anglican Church commemorates those from the Marrawah District who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
Note : This former church is now a private residence.
|Address:||773 Comeback Road, Former St Oswalds Church, Marrawah , 7330|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -40.919668|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 21st November, 1931|
To the greater glory of God
This stone was laid by Archdeacon Atkinson
August 5th 1931.
Rev. H. C. Cuthbertson. Rector.
Former St Oswalds Church
Frederick Wilbraham Ford of Marrawah gifted this land for the purposes of erecting a church building as a memorial to those residents of Marrwah who lost their lives in the Great War 1914 - 1918.
The church known as St Oswalds was erected and consecrated on the site and the building remains a memorial to those residents of the Marrawah district who lost their lives.