www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Methodist Church Tamworth Circuit Roll of HonourPrint Page Print this page

20-January-2016
20-January-2016

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

Two wooden honour rolls commemorate those from the Tamworth Methodist Circuit who served in World War One.

Two months ago the trustees of the Tamworth Methodist Church decided to perpetuate the memory of the gallant men who went out from the Tamworth Circuit to serve the cause of Empire and humanity in the great war now happily ended. With that end in view arrangements were made for three stained glass memorial windows, two of which were the gift of Mr. R. Pryor, of Winton, to be placed in the front of the Tamworth Methodist Church. It was also decided to place two Maple Honor Boards in the church, on which the names of the 160 men who heard the call of duty should be inscribed. 
Daily Observer (Tamworth, NSW),  26 July 1919.

The members and adherents of the Methodist Church will be delighted to hear that their former minister, who went from Tamworth as chaplain to the forces two years ago, Captain Chaplain W. Mills Robson, has consented to conduct the Tamworth Methodist Church anniversary services on Sunday week, morning, afternoon and night. At the afternoon service the memorial windows and honor boards will be unveiled, and it is expected that the church will be all too small to hold the large congregation that will assemble at this important and interesting service. Arrangements are being made for the country services to be held in the morning or evening, in order that all the country friends may be able to attend the afternoon service in Tamworth.
Daily Observer (Tamworth, NSW), 2 August 1919.

Location

Address:Marius & Bourke Streets, Tamworth Uniting Church, Tamworth, 2340
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -31.086803
Long: 150.929751
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 10th August, 1919
Left Side Inscription

ROLL OF HONOR

METHODIST CHURCH
TAMWORTH CIRCUIT

[ Names ]

THEY HEARD THE CALL OF DUTY

Right Side Inscription

ROLL OF HONOR

METHODIST CHURCH
TAMWORTH CIRCUIT

[ Names ]

THEY HEARD THE CALL OF DUTY

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design