www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St. Peter`s Old Boys Honour Roll Print Page Print this page

30-July-2015
30-July-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
Two wooden honour rolls commemorate Old Boys of St Peter's School who served in World War One.

Note : Known originally as the Melbourne Diocesan School, St Peters School was opened on 11 April 1849. The original school, as well as the sexton's house and parsonage were constructed in the late 1840's and were designed by Charles Laing. By 1886 part of this site had been transferred to the Parliament of Victoria and the building demolished. A new vicarage and school were erected in 1886 to the designs of William Pitt. St Peters Hall, designed by Alexander North was erected in 1913 as part of St Peters School and contained a large hall and 2 classrooms. The school suffered economic difficulties during the Depression and was closed at the end of 1935.

Location

Address:15 Gisborne Street, Bookshop Entrance, Church Hall Buildings, St Peters Eastern Hill, East Melbourne, 3002
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.810013
Long: 144.975358
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Front Inscription
(Honour Roll 1)
THE GREAT WAR 
1914         1919
OLD BOYS 
         (Names)
They Were A Wall Unto Us 

(Honour Roll 2)
THE GREAT WAR 
1914         1919
OLD BOYS 
         (Names)
Both By Night and Day
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design