Serbian Orthodox Church School Memorial ParkPrint Page
The Memorial Park commemorates the alliance between Serbia and the ANZAC's in World War One. The park was funded with a grant from the ANZAC Centenary Grants program.
The Serbian Campaign of World War One was fought from late July 1914, when Austria-Hungary invaded the Kingdom of Serbia at the outset of World War One, until the war's conclusion in November 1918. The front ranged from the Danube to southern Macedonia and back north again, involving forces from almost all of the combatants of the war.
The Serbian Army declined severely towards the end of the war, falling from about 420,000 at its peak to about 100,000 at the moment of liberation. The Kingdom of Serbia lost more than 1,100,000 inhabitants during the war (both army and civilian losses), which represented over 27% of its overall population and 60% of its male population.
|Address:||Bandara Street, Richlands, 4077|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.590159|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2015-2016|