www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Fallen Soldiers Honour RollPrint Page Print this page

12-December-2014
12-December-2014
Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The black painted wooden honour roll, with gilded lettering, attached to the front of the Soldiers Memorial Hall, commemorates those from the district who died in service or were killed in action in World War One. It was originally unveiled in the Mechanic's Institute Hall and moved to its present site in 1931. 

A large number of people assembled at St. Leonards for the unveiling of the honour roll for fallen soldiers. The chairman was Mr. J. C. Newton, M.H.A., and Mr. E. Manning unveiled the roll and Mr. W. Kelly sounded the "Last Post."
Examiner (Launceston ), 18th December 1920.


Note:
The Soldiers Memorial Hall site is now occupied by the Tamar Valley Steiner School. 

Location

Address:14 Station Road, Soldiers Memorial Hall (Tamar Valley Steiner School), St Leonards, 7250
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.459216
Long: 147.199336
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:December-1920
Front Inscription

Memorial Hall

In grateful memory of our fallen soldiers

[ Names ]

For King and Country       

Source: MA,SKP,TWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design