North Aramara War Memorial Print Page
North Aramara War Memorial was erected in 1919 by George Greatorex Nichol in memory of his son Edward and nephew David who were killed in the Great War. The memorial originally stood at the Bowling Green Provisional School which the boys attended. When the school closed, the memorial was relocated to North Aramara school with the schoolhouse in 1948. North Aramara school closed in 1984 and the memorial stands in the grounds of the school. A plaque was placed in the school grounds in the 1980s by the descendants of George Nichol in memory of the two soldiers.
In 2010, funds were received in the Queensland Government’s Community Memorials Restoration Program for the restoration of the memorial whch is now used as a community war memorial.
|Address:||Musket Flat Road, North Aramara School Site, North Aramara , 4620|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.551928|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1919|