www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Heidelberg West RSL Foundation StonePrint Page Print this page

The Heidelberg West RSL Foundation Stone, laid on 30th October 30th 1954, was dedicated by Major General Selwyn H. Porter in memory of the fallen of the First World War, Second World War and Korea.

Members of West Heidelberg sub - branch of the R.S.L. will soon meet in a modern memorial hall. A contract has been let for erection of the hall in Bell st., opposite the Repatriation Hospital. It will be built in brick for about £12,000. There will be a large hall on the ground, floor, and the upper floor will contain recreation rooms for members. The foundation-stone will be laid by Major General Selwyn Porter on October 30 at 3 p.m. The architect Is Mr. J. K. Holwell, and the builder J. R. and G. Hooper Pty. Ltd.
Argus (Melbourne), 22 October 1954. 

Location

Address:180 Bell Street , West Heidelberg R.S.L., Heidelberg Heights, 3081
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.752336
Long: 145.049492
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple
Link:http://vhd.heritage.vic.gov.au/vhd/…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 30th October, 1954
Source: VWHI, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design