Australian Army Nursing ServicePrint Page
The Australian Army Nursing Service Plaque commemorates those who served.
The Australian Army Nursing Service, which was actually a reserve, was established on 1 July 1902. The Service was staffed by volunteer civilian nurses who would be available for duty during times of national emergency. Members of the Service served in both the World Wars, staffing medical facilities in Australia and overseas. In 1949 the Service became part of the Australian Regular Army and is now known as the Royal Australian Army Nursing Corps (RAANC).
|Address:||Ann Street, ANZAC Square, Shrine of Remembrance Crypt, Brisbane, 4000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.466428|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
AUSTRALIAN ARMY NURSING SERVICE
LET HER OWN WORK
IN THE GATES