Romani HallPrint Page
Romani Hall was opened in March 1999 as a tribute to the Australian Light Horse.
The hall houses memorabilia and information of the Light Horsemen and their battles. Romani Hall has a display dedicated to the 2/14th Ilfracombe Light Horse Troop.
The Australian Light Horse were mounted troops with characteristics of both cavalry and mounted infantry. They served in the Second Boer War and World War One. The Australian 4th Light Horse Brigade at the Battle of Beersheba in 1917 made a successful cavalry charge. A number of Australian light horse units are still in existence today, most notably of the 2nd/14th Light Horse Regiment (Queensland Mounted Infantry), now a light armoured unit equipped with an Australian version of the Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV-25)
|Address:||Main Avenue (Landsborough Highway) , Ilfracombe, 4727|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.489024|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1999|
Home of the
2/14th Ilfracombe Light Horse Troop