Graman War Memorial HallPrint Page
Graman War Memorial Hall is a pine timber building built by volunteer local people in 1955 and dedicated those who served in both World Wars from the Graman and Cherry Tree Hill District.
The hall which it is proposed to erect at Graman will be in the form of a memorial to fallen soldiers of the wars of 1914-18 and 1939-45. It will be designated "The Graman Memorial Hall" and will contain appropriate honor rolls, etc. The aim of the organisation is to erect a building of as high a standard as financially possible, with architectural beauty as the keynote.
The Inverell Times (NSW), 13 July 1953.
The foundations of the Graman Memorial Hall are now laid, and a start has been made on the hall itself. 160 brick pylons have been poured by voluntary labor, and the specialised brickwork has been done bv bricklayers. Mr. "Mick" Hobday, with the aid of various helpers, set up his sawmill on the site and commenced to reduce the impressive pile of logs which had already been delivered there. Mr Norman Redman is tailing out. A roster has been drawn up and provides for the attendance of two voluntary workers each day at the mill. The organisation is now running smoothly and two-thirds of the timber is already sawn. Mr. George Thompson is the carpenter in charge, and has made a start on the "superstructure".
The Inverell Times (NSW), 6 October 1954.
|Address:||4 Graman Road, Graman , 2360|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -29.466799|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1955|
WAR MEMORIAL HALL