St Paul`s Cathedral Warrior ChapelPrint Page
The Warrior Chapel was originally established by Bishop Halford in 1917, in the north aisle and moved in 1928 to the south aisle and commemorates the fallen of World War One. It is the Garrison Chapel of the 42nd Battalion, with the Battalion colours laid up in the Chapel, along with flags of the three services and the flag of the United States of America in token of the continuing connection between Central Queensland and the United States which began in World War Two with the stationing of a large number of troops near the City.
For a time Rockhampton was also the headquarters of General Douglas McArthur. The United States flag was presented to the Cathedral by the United States Consul General in a special ceremony in 1994.
|Address:||89 William Street, St Paul`s Cathedral , Rockhampton, 4700|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.381933|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1917|