Bruie Plains Roll of HonourPrint Page
Bruie Plains Honour Roll, which was erected with the assistance of the Department of Veteran Affairs and volunteers from the Bruie Plains Landcare Group, was dedicated on the 6th April 2013 and commemorates those from the district who served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
The Bruie Plains Church was built in 1914 on land donated by the Harris family at "lona". The timber & the money for the construction of the Church were donated by the Rawson family of "Mareetha". It was non-denominational and services were held on a rotational basis between the Anglican, Catholic & Presbyterian faiths. In 1956 the Church was lifted up, placed on logs & towed by tractors to its present site.
|Address:||Trundle Bruie Plains Road, Bruie Plains Church , Bruie Plains, 2875|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.793087|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 6th April, 2013|
BRUIE PLAINS ROLL OF HONOUR
First World War Second World War National Service
(Names) (Names) (Names)
LEST WE FORGET