Centenary of Royal Warrant Print Page
Plaque was unveiled on the Centenary of the granting of the Royal Warrant to the RAN on 10 July 1911. The foundation stone was also unveiled by the Governor on this date for a new naval memorial to be erected in the grounds of the church.
The new Memorial will commemorate all who served in the Queensland Navy, the Commonwealth Naval Forces and the Royal Australian Navy and those who paid the supreme sacrifice.
St. Mary’s Church Kangaroo Point is the ‘Naval Church’ of South East Queensland, with strong links to the past of both the original Queensland Navy, the Royal Australian Navy, and was the site of the first ‘Ship to Shore’ Naval communication from the HMQS Gayundah off Moreton Island to a radio station at St. Mary’s in April 1903.
|Address:||455 Main Street, St Mary`s Church, Kangaroo Point, 4169|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.474722|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th July, 2011|