H.M.A.S. Shropshire Memorial ParkPrint Page
A park commemorates the cruiser H.M.A.S. Shropshire, her World War Two crew, and her sailors who have since died.
H.M.S. Shropshire was a Royal Navy (RN) heavy cruiser of the London sub-class of County class cruisers. She is the only ship to have been named after Shropshire, England. Completed in 1929, Shropshire served with the Royal Navy until 1942, when she was transferred to the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) following the loss of sister ship H.M.A.S. Canberra. Commissioned as H.M.A.S. Shropshire, the ship remained in RAN service until 1949, and was sold for scrap in 1954.
The park also has monuments to other naval ships.
|Address:||Dial Street, HMAS Shropshire Naval Memorial Park, Ulverstone, 7315|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.153333|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.