Woodford Memorial Stone Print Page
A Memorial Stone commemorates the men and women from the Woodford District in whose memory the original Bush Nursing Cottage was erected on the site in 1927 after World War One.
The stone is now surrounded by plaques which commemorate those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
WOODFORD War Memorial.
The Memorial Committee having purchased the cottage property owned by Mr. G. Sunny and occupied by Mrs. P. Plummer has decided to call a public meeting of subscribers on September 8 to consider the proposal to erect a Memorial Bush Nursing Home in lieu of a cottage hospital, as was originally intended.
(The Brisbane Courier : 1-September 1922)
|Address:||D`Aguilar Highway, Woodford Memorial Park, Woodford, 4514|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.955954|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
This Plaque Has Been Erected
To Honour The Service Men And Women
From The Woodford District
In Whose Memory
The Original Bush Nursing Cottage
Was Built On This Site
This Memorial is dedicated to all those
men and women from Woodford and
District who have served our country in
all wars and conflicts.
The Memorial is in recognition and
appreciation of their sacrifice particularly
those who have made the supreme
Lest We Forget