Pimpama and Ormeau War Memorial Print Page
Pimpama and Ormeau War Memorial was erected by local residents in the grounds of the Pimpama Uniting (previously Methodist) Church in honour of those who served overseas and returned home, as well as the seven local men who lost their lives during the First World War. In 1993, the western wall was erected by residents of Pimpama and Ormeau in honour of those who served in all wars and conflicts.
The unveiling of a memorial monument to fallen soldiers of the Pimpama and Ormeau districts was performed by Mr. J. G. Appel, M.L.A., ion the 1st May, in the presence of a large gathering of residents and visitors. The memorial stone was erected in honour of seven of those gallant lads who had paid the supreme sacrifice. He appealed to those present to see that the boys returning received the assistance that was their due. This was not a matter of politics, but a sacred duty.
The Brisbane Courier, 6th May 1919.
|Address:||Creek Street , Uniting Church Cemetery near Mirambeena Drive service road, Pimpama, 4209|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.804911|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||A. L. Petrie & Sons (Toowong, QLD)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Thursday 1st May, 1919|
Memorial Was Erected
By The Loyal Residents Of
Pimpama, and Ormeau,
In Honor Of Those Brave Boys
Who Sacrificed Their All
In The Great War
1914 - 1918.
They Have Borne Their Cross,
They Have Gained Their Crowns,
Though They Lie In Far Off Graves
And We Think Of Their Lives A Duty Done
Manly Unselfish, And Brave.