Mount Perry War MemorialPrint Page
Mount Perry War Memorial was originally erected by the people of Mount Perry and district to commemorate the fallen of World War One. The names of those who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War Two were added at a later date.
On Saturday last, Mr. B.H. Corser, M.L.A., journeyed to Mount Perry from Brisbane for the purpose of unveiling a handsome war memorial which has been erected there as a mark of respect to the soldiers of Mt Perry who fell in the late war. The ceremony was largely attended and Mr. Corser in his remarks paid tribute to the loyalty of the men of the district, and expressed sympathy with the relatives of the men who made the supreme sacrifice representing as they did, approximately 25 per cent of the number who had enlisted. He congratulated the people of that centre upon their fine memorial and especially referred to the generosity of Mr. Amos, who had gratuitously placed a piece of land at the committee's disposal.
Maryborough Chronicle, Wide Bay and Burnett Advertiser (Qld.),
20 September 1921.
|Address:||Gin Gin-Mount Perry Road (Heusman Street) , Memorial Park, Mount Perry, 4671|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.175297|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||P. J. Lowther & Son (Petrie Bight, QLD)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 17th September, 1921|