Maclagan & Quinalow District War MemorialPrint Page
Maclagan & Quinalow District War Memorial commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in all wars and conflicts. The memorial was originally erected in memory of those from the district who served in World War One. Additional names were added to the memorial on the 21st November 1992 to commemorate those who served in Korea and Vietnam.
The Maclagan War Memorial was first erected at the intersection of Margaret and Bismark Streets and unveiled in 1920 by Mrs A.E. Moore, wife of the member for Aubigney. Mrs Marcelle Crawford was the instigator in raising the funds. It was relocated in 1952 by Ziegler and Sons of Toowoomba to its present position next to the public hall, and memorial gates were erected at the hall at the same time. These were dedicated on 2nd June 1953 to coincide with the coronation of Queen Elizabeth the Second. The memorial carries 94 names on it from all wars, including 18 deceased.
|Address:||Dalby-Cooyar Road, Memorial Hall, Maclagan, 4352|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.085134|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Bruce Brothers (Toowoomba, QLD)|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1920|