Shire of Moggill War MemorialPrint Page
The Shire of Moggill War Memorial includes a 'Digger' statue and was originally erected to commemorate those from the Shire who served in the South African War 1899-1902 and those who served and those who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War One. An "Australia Remembers" plaque and a plaque commemorating the "Fuzzy Wuzzy" Angels of World War Two have been added to the front of the original memorial. At either side of the original memorial are plaques dedicated to those who served in World War Two, Korea, Malayan Emergency, Borneo and Vietnam.
The memorial was originally located on a traffic island at the intersection of Moggill and Brookfield Roads and relocated to the new memorial park in October 1988.
The unveiling of the monument erected in memory of the soldiers of the Moggill Shire district took place at Kenmore on Mr. Macartney, M L A., paid tribute to the soldiers of the Moggill district, and also to the loyal spirit of residents and expressed sympathy with the parents whose sons had paid the great sacrifice, and whose memory would be perpetuated by the memorial. The memorial was unveiled by General Spencer Browne.
The Brisbane Courier, 6th July 1920
|Address:||Moggill & Brookfield Roads, Memorial Park, Kenmore Village Shopping Centre, Kenmore, 4069|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.507191|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||A. L. Petrie & Sons (Toowong, QLD)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 3rd July, 1920|
ERECTED/By/ The Residents of the Shire of Moggill,/ In appreciation of those/ Who sacrificed their lives/ In the cause of freedom./ "Their name liveth for evermore."/ (Names)