Jandowae Memorial HallPrint Page
Jandowae Memorial Hall commemorates defence forces of the Jandowae District.
The Jandowae Memorial School of Arts originally erected in memory of those who served in World War One was officially opened on the 3rd July 1925 by Mr W.J. Vowles M.L.A. The proposal to erect such a memorial had been initiated in 1921 but serious drought which occurred in 1922-1923 caused the project to be dropped for a time. In 1925 , tenders were called for the erection of the hall with only one be received from Mr. G.C. Proposch which was accepted. The hall which was built at a cost of £2000 was burnt to the ground and the honour board destroyed on the 10th March 1934. The hall was insured for £1000.
The Brisbane Courier, 9th July 1925, Sunday Mail (Brisbane),11th March 1934.
|Address:||George & Market Streets, Jandowae, 4410|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.780088|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
JANDOWAE MEMORIAL HALL
ERECTED 1925, IN MEMORY OF THE DEFENCE FORCES OF JANDOWAE DISTRICT