Dayboro War MemorialPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth

The Dayboro War Memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who served in World War One.

A plaque was added at a later date listing the names of those who died in service or were killed in action in World War Two. The monument was removed from its position in the school grounds and rededicated on the 11th November 2011.

The Dayboro and District Honour Monument to soldiers who fought in the Great War was unveiled in 13th November 1920 by Mr R.J.Warren M.L.A . The monument which is erected in the State School grounds on an elevated site overlooking the town, stands about 14ft high and bears the names of 49 men, 15 of whom made the supreme sacrifice.
Brisbane Courier, 19th November 1920.


Address:Williams Street, Roderick Cruice Park , Dayboro, 4521
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.195689
Long: 152.825273
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Conflict
Monument Designer:Henry Payne


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 13th November, 1920
Front Inscription

Honour Memorial

1914 - 1919

Died on service

[ Names ]

Erected by the residents of Dayboro & District

Plaque :

This cenotaph was relocated to this site in 2011 from its original position in the school grounds where it was placed in 1920.


Left Side Inscription

Honour Roll 

[ Names ]


Back Inscription

Honour Roll 

[ Names ]

Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design