Langlands Park Memorial GatesPrint Page
Langlands Park Memorial Gates were originally erected to commemorate the men of Coorparoo Shire who fell in World War One. A plaque was added at a later date to commemorate the men and women who served in World War Two.
The official opening of the Coorparoo Memorial Gates at Langlands Park took place on the 21st May 1921. The ceremony was performed by the Governor of Queensland, Sir Matthew Nathan.
The Brisbane Courier, 19th May 1921.
|Address:||Panitya Street, Langlands Park, Stones Corner, 4120|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.497617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 21st May, 1921|
SOLDIERS OF THE AUSTRALIAN IMPERIAL FORCES
FROM COORPAROO SHIRE WHO FELL IN THE
GREAT WAR OF 1914 TO 1918. A.D.
HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR,
THE RIGHT HON. SIR MATTHEW NATHAN
G. C. M. G.
ON MAY 21st. 1921 A.D.
HON. RECORDER. C.W.BEAK
OUR FALLEN HEROES
(Far Right Plaque )
IN HONOUR OF THE
MEN AND WOMEN
WHO SERVED AUSTRALIA
IN TIME OF CONFLICT
DURING WORLD WAR II
1939 - 1945
LEST WE FORGET