Coorparoo School of Arts & Memorial HallPrint Page
The Coorparoo School of Arts & Memorial Hall commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
The building once known as Coorparoo Shire Hall was opened on 7 October 1892, four years after the proclamation of the Shire of Coorparoo. A memorial roll of honour for the shire's World War One soldiers was hung inside in 1916.
In 1925, when the various local councils were amalgamated into the Greater Brisbane City Council, the Shire Hall became the School of Arts, and local residents agreed to purchase the building from the City Council for £1,000. After World War Two, Brisbane City Council demanded payment of £750 still outstanding on that debt. Community action and assistance from the local RSL club enabled the community to keep the hall, now renamed Coorparoo School of Arts and Memorial Hall.
|Address:||Cavendish Road & Halstead Street, Camp Hill School of Arts, Coorparoo, 4151|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.495802|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Coorparoo School of Arts & Memorial Hall