War Dogs and Trackers Memorial ParkPrint Page
A park commemorates the war dogs which have served with the Australia Defence Forces. It recognises the skill of trainers and other service personnel who worked with war dogs - as well as reflecting on the companionship and loyalty of the animals they trained and who suffered along with them.
The park which has a walkway over dedicated bricks to various dogs, leads to a lookout over Lowestoft Bay. Over 130 individual dedication bricks are laid in the approach to the main monument.
Additional information on the history of the Tracker and war dog units is also displayed.
|Address:||Main Road, Lowestoft, Berriedale, 7011|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.809386|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:|
|Actual Event End Date:|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 11th March, 2006|
Australian Army Tracker & War Dogs Association Inc.
Australian Trackers & War Dogs Memorial Park opened by His Excellency The Honourable William Cox AC, RFD, ED Governor of Tasmania on the 11th March 2006
Commemorating the 60th Anniversary of VP Day, 15th August 1945
The Australian Tracker & War Dogs Memorial Park has evolved with support from the Glenorchy City Council, State Government of Tasmania, Department of Veterans Affairs, Australian Army Trackers & War Dogs Association Tasmania Branch