Abbotsham Honour BoardPrint Page
A dark wooden honour roll commemorates those who served in World Wars One and Two.
The hall was filled to capacity on Sunday for the unveiling of the honor roll of personnel of two World Wars. The Warden (Cr. L. G. Vertigan) presided. He introduced Cr. H. E. Boon, who led the prayers and gave an address. Mr. Fred Skip worth's rendition of "Just For Today" and Miss Betty Bishop's "The Holy City" were much appreciated. Miss Clare Saltmarsh was accompanist. Appropriate hymns were sung by the congregation, accompanied by Mrs. G. M. Lakin at the piano. The Warden introduced Mr. P. F. Andrews, president of the Ulverstone sub-branch of the R.S.L., who, after a short address, unveiled the honor roll. The Last Post was sounded by Mr. Adam Quantrell.
Advocate (Burnie), 7th May 1948.
|Address:||Castra Road, Abbotsham, 7315|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.213617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 2nd May, 1948|
1914 - 18 1939 - 45
[ Names ]
Lest We Forget
Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.