Woodanilling War MemorialPrint Page
The Woodanilling War Memorial is a limestone pillar with stone tablets set in the pillar honouring names of soldiers who fought in World War One and World War Two.
The Fallen Soldiers Memorial was unveiled by Captain F.M. House A.M.C. on the 27th November 1921. On the main face of the memorial are the names of the fallen flanked on both sides by those who served. In 1933, the State President of the RSL wrote a letter thanking local resident Mrs Kippen for her practical efforts in honouring the men who had paid the supreme sacrifice by tending the memorial gardens around the memorial.
Albany Advertiser, 3rd December 1921, Western Mail (Perth), 20th April 1933.
On the 23rd October 1949, a plaque bearing the names of the fallen of World War Two was unveiled by Brigadier A.W. Potts.
The West Australian, 20th October 1949.
|Address:||Robinson & Burt Roads, Woodanilling, 6316|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.56357|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 27th November, 1921|