Wagin War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who died in service or were killed in action in World Wars One and Two. The war memorial was moved to its present position when the Wagin Swimming Pool was constructed in 1967.
The Wagin War Memorial was unveiled in Piesse Park by the Governor Sir Willam Campion on the 29th March 1925 and paid tribute to 64 fallen heroes. The memorial was dedicated by the Reverend W.E. Moorhouse .
The West Australian (Perth), 31st March 1925.
In 1949, an additional 25 names were added to the memorial in Piesse Park to commemorate the fallen of World War Two. In September 1949, sufficient funds for the inscription of names and the installation of a plaque in the foyer of the Wagin Town Hall had been raised. The West Australian (Perth) ,13th April 1949, 23rd September 1949.
|Address:||Trimdon Street, War Memorial Swimming Centre, Wagin, 6315|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.306813|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 29th March, 1925|
LEST WE FORGET
At the setting of the sun and in the Morning we will remember them
[ Names ]
Erected by the residents of Wagin and District in memory of those who fell in the GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918.
Lest We Forget
[ Names ]
World War 1939 - 1945