Tambellup War MemorialPrint Page
The Tambellup War Memorial was erected to fallen soldiers of the district who served in World War One and was unveiled by Governor of Western Australia in 1921. The plaque dedicated to the district's fallen servicemen and women in World War Two was dedicated on the 14th November 1948.
On November 20 his Excellency the Governor, accompanied by Captain Fortescue, attended the dedication service of the memorial erected to the fallen soldiers of the Tambellup district and performed the unveiling ceremony. At the conclusion of the service many beautiful wreaths were placed at the base of the memorial, which is composed of granite in the form of an obelisk, 18ft. high, placed on a solid granite base. The names of the fallen are engraved on a bronze plate attached to the front of the memorial.
The West Australian (Perth), 3rd December 1921.
|Address:||Norrish Street, Tambellup, 6320|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.04419|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 20th November, 1921|