Mundaring War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who died in service or were killed in action in World Wars One and Two.
Monument characteristics :
A granite obelisk surmounted on several granite plinths with the main inscription of polished granite with gold inlay. East, west and south sides of the obelisk bear marble plaques recording names of the fallen. Fluted metal bollards stand at four corners with a chain connecting them to form an enclosure.
His Grace the Archbishop of Perth dedicated and unveiled the district memorial to fallen soldiers at Mundaring on the 6th May 1923. 317 men enlisted from the district of which around 45 paid the supreme sacrifice.
The West Australian (Perth), 10th May 1923
|Address:||Great Eastern Highway & Nichol Street, Mundaring, 6073|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.901812|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 6th May, 1923|
IN MEMORY OF THE GLORIOUS DEAD
1914 - 1918
GREENMOUNT ROAD DISTRICT