Mullalyup War MemorialPrint Page
Mullalyup War Memorial was built to honour those residents of the Mullalyup area who served in the two World Wars in 1914-18 and in 1939-45, and who died in service. The memorial was rededicated in 1996 to commemorate all those who gave their lives in military service to this country and to those civilians who lost their lives as a result of the various conflicts.
The War Memorial in the form of an obelisk was originally erected as a Roll of Honour for the heroes of Mullalyup who served in World War One.
On Sunday, 15 December, 150 people attended ceremony at which Mrs. Parmenter laid the foundation for the obelisk. Her only son, Private Willie Parmenter, was the most highly decorated soldier from the district, awarded the Military Medal (M.M.), for bravery in the field in 1917, and died on active service, 23 August 1918. The unveiling ceremony took place on the 29th December 1918 with the Reverend Hyde, Reverend Hurst and Father Reidy performing the unveiling ceremony.
Bunbury Herald, 4th January 1919.
|Address:||South Western Highway, Mullalyup Memorial Park, Mullalyup, 6252|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.744229|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 29th December, 1918|
Lest we forget the GALLANT BOYS who gave their services for KING and EMPIRE in the GREAT WAR
To commemorate the heroes of MULLALYUP
Lest We Forget.
A tribute by the citizens of Mullalyup to those who served in the Second World War 1939 to 1945.