Moora War MemorialPrint Page
Moora War Memorial was originally erected to commemorate the fallen of World War One. The names of the fallen of World War Two were added at a later date and the memorial also commemorates those who served in Vietnam.
Also known as the Midland District Fallen Soldiers Memorial, the Memorial was originally established due to the vigour of the Soldier's Memorial Committee and its chairman E.H.B. Lefroy on land presented to the Committee by the Midland Railway Company. The £400 was raised by subscription from residents over a period of 3 years, plus Patriotic Fund monies. The memorial which is a medieval cross, was unveiled by the Governor of Western Australia, Sir Francis Newdegate, on the 24th May 1924 in front of a large gathering of residents.
The West Australian (Perth), 27th May 1924.
|Address:||Clinch Street, Moora, 6510|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.64073|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Eales & Cohen (Architect) P. Porcelli (Carving) , C.R.Wilson (Metalwork)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs Brine & Sons (contractors)|
In Grateful Memory
Men who Fell in the Great War
Names are Inscribed Hereon
1914 - 1919
And those Who Fell
In World War II
1939 - 1945.