Kukerin Pioneer Memorial HallPrint Page
The Kukerin Pioneer Memorial Hall was erected in 1956 and is a reminder of the war service of Kukerin residents. In the foyer of the hall are memorial plaques honouring those people from the district who served in World War One and Two.
The Kukerin Pioneer Memorial Hall was built in 1956 as a replacement for the original Agricultural Hall which had fallen into disrepair. The old hall was demolished and the materials were used to build a woolshed on a private property at Pingarning. In May 1956 Alex Troup (81 years old), the oldest living pioneer of the district, inserted a golden key into the front door on the new hall officially declaring it open.
|Address:||37-39 Scadden Street, Kukerin, 6352|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.1875|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||May-1956|