Kondinin Memorial GardenPrint Page
Memorial rose garden planted in memory of the fallen.
After the end of World War Two, the Kondinin Road Board decided to establish a memorial garden in the town. But preliminary approaches seeking the cooperation of a body prepared to undertake the upkeep of the garden were unsuccessful, and the matter was dropped until the Kondinin Rose Society stepped into the breach.
The land was prepared under the direction of Mr. Harry Biggin, a member of the society. The idea finally adopted provided for the placing of a rose bush in memory of each soldier who lost his life on active service in either of the World Wars. The first roses were planted in July, 1948, by a working bee, the younger members digging the holes and the others doing the planting. A dozen shrubs and 30 roses were planted.
|Address:||Jones Street, Kondinin, 6367|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.495532|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||July- -1948|
(Plaque on Wall)
WORLD WAR 1 and WORLD WAR 11
KILLED IN ACTION