Gosnells War MemorialPrint Page
Gosnells War Memoria, a four-sided Egyptian style obelisk resting on a pedimented plinth with engraved palmettes, was originally erected to commemorate the soldiers from the district who fell in World War One. It now commemorates those who served in subsequent conflicts.
The laying of the foundation stone for the obelisk took place on the 25th April 1921 in front of a crowd of about 500 people. The memorial was unveiled by the Governor of Western Australia , Sir Francis Newdegate on the 6th November 1921.
The Daily News (Perth), 26th April 1921.
|Address:||Albany Highway, Grounds of City of Gosnells Council, Gosnells, 6110|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.06647|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 6th November, 1921|