Cottesloe War Memorial Town Hall & Civic CentrePrint Page
The War Memorial Town Hall and Civic Centre commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in all wars and conflicts. The Town Hall was originally dedicated to the war dead of World War One and Two.
The Town Hall and Civic Centre, formerly the Overton Lodge and at one time the property of Claude de Bernales, was designated a memorial by the Governor, Sir James Mitchell, at the opening ceremony in front of a crowd of about 3000 property owners and ratepayers on the 30th September 1950.
The West Australian , 23rd September 1950, Kalgoorlie Miner, 2nd October 1950
|Address:||109 Broome Street, Cottesloe, 6011|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.993677|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 30th September, 1950|
This hall is dedicated to the memory of our war dead.
We people of Cottesloe remember them with pride and gratitude for their heroic sacrifice in defence of their country.
Let all people honour their memory.