Capel War MemorialPrint Page
Capel War Memorial commemorates Australian servicemen and women who have served in all wars and conflicts. The memorial is a three tiered concrete plinth with a fixed plaque on the second tier and a list of names depicted on two sides of the top tier. A stone obelisk is situated on top of the plinth.
The War Memorial was originally erected in memory of those who served in the Great War. The memorial was unveiled by Lieutenant Colonel Brazier on the 25th April 1920. After the singing on the National Anthem, 19 wreaths were laid around the base of the obelisk in memory of those who had paid the supreme sacrifice.
The Bunbury Herald and Blackwood Express , 7th May 1920.
|Address:||Forrest Road, RSL Hall, Capel, 6271|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.556934|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 25th April, 1920|
Erected by the residents of Capel and Districts in honour of those who served in the Great War, World War II, Korea, Vietnam and all other conflicts. Their Names Liveth for Evermore.