Albany War MemorialPrint Page
The Albany War Memorial commemorates the fallen of World War One, Two, Korea and Vietnam. It was originally erected as a World War One Monument.
The movement for a memorial to the men from Albany who fell in World War One was inaugurated by the then Mayor, Mr J.W.Daly early in 1920. The committee ultimately agreed that £500 of the fund raised should be spent on the erection of a monument and in August 1920 a contract for the work was let to Mr J.A. Hartman of Albany. The foundation stone was laid on Anzac Day 1921 by the Mayor , Mr J. W. Daly and the unveiling ceremony was performed by the Governor of Western Australia, Sir Francis Newdegate on the 21st August 1921.
Albany Advertiser (WA ), 25th April 1929
|Address:||York Street & Peels Place, Albany, 6330|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.025777|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Pietro Porcelli|
|Monument Manufacturer:||J.A. Hartman & Son|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 21st August, 1921|