10th Light Horse Memorial SeatPrint Page
10th Light Horse Memorial Seat honours those who served in the 10th Light Horse in World War One and Two.
The 10th Australian Light Horse Regiment AIF was the only light horse regiment recruited in Western Australia during the World War One.
During World War Two, the regiment underwent several name changes in order to show its varying roles. In 1943, it was gazetted as an Australian Imperial Force unit, after the majority of its personnel volunteered to serve overseas. This did not occur, though, and instead, its main task was the defence of south-west Australia.
|Address:||Apex Drive, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.02498|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 17th April, 1982|