Marion War Memorial GatesPrint Page
Memorial gates at the Sturt Marion War Memorial Oval will be dedicated at a service at 3 p.m. tomorrow. The Premier (Mr. Playford) will unveil a memorial plaque and declare the gates open. The gates are in memory of those from the district who died during the Second World War.
After being known as the Sturt Recreation Ground since 1909. the oval was incorporated in 1947 and the name changed to Sturt Marion War Memorial Oval.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 11 April 1953.
|Address:||Norfolk Road , RSL Memorial Park , Marion, 5043|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.013411|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th April, 1953|