Kingscote War MemorialPrint Page
The Kingscote War Memorial commemorates the fallen of World War One and World War Two.
A large number of residents of Kingscote assembled at the Reserve on December 24 to witness the unveiling of the monument erected in memory of the soldiers from this district who sacrificed their lives in the war. The ceremony was of religious nature. The Rev. K. W. Pobjoy (Anglican), Mr. J. Palmer (Methodist) took part, and hymns were be sung.
The unveiling was performed by the Hon. G.L.R. Laffer, one of the members representing the district in Parliament, after which the monument, which is erected upon a concrete and marble base, and is a granite pedestal surmounted by a white marble cross, was dedicated by the Rev. K. W. Pobjoy.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 6 January 1923.
|Address:||ANZAC Drive , War Memorial Park, Kingscote, 5223|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.655098|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 24th December, 1922|