Greenock War MemorialPrint Page
Greenock War Memorial commemorates those from the community who have served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The war memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who served in World War Two. Further plaques were added to the memorial in 2004.
At a recent meeting, held in the institute it was decided to erect an obelisk made of local freestone, which will bear the district honour roll, on the vacant allotment opposite the institute. Also to make extensions to the Greenock Institute, amounting to £1000. The hall, when completed, will be known as the Greenock Soldiers' Memorial Hall.
Kapunda Herald (SA), 19 June 1947.
|Address:||Murray & Kapunda Roads, Greenock, 5360|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.457427|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.