Elliston R.S.L. Memorial Children`s CentrePrint Page
Elliston R.S.L. Memorial Children`s Centre was erected in memory of those who served.
The adjourned public meeting of those interested in the building of an R.S.L. Clubroom as a war memorial was held in the Elliston supper room, on 14th March. The chairman (Mr. D. H. Dearman) opened the meeting and explained the reasons for the calling of same. After some discussion it was resolved that a committee of five be formed.
Port Lincoln Times (SA), 27 March 1947.
The foundation stone of a new club room for the Elliston sub-branch of the Returned Servicemen's League will be laid by Mrs. D. T. Lewis on on August 28. Mrs. Lewis, who is a former Army nurse, is a foundation member of the Elliston sub-branch. A portion of the parklands adjoinlng the Soldiers' Memorial Monument was allotted to the RSL for the proposed hall by the State Government.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 10 August 1954.
|Address:||Memorial Drive, Elliston, 5670|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.648277|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 28th August, 1954|