Blackwood & District War Memorial HallPrint Page
Blackwood and District War Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who gave their lives in the defence of their country. The hall was originally opened on the 14th April 1957 but was rebuilt and reopened in 1985.
Tenders for the Blackwood and District War Memorial Hall close on January 25 and the memorial committee hopes a contract will be settled in February. The architects are the Adelaide firm of F. Kenneth Milne, Dawkins, Boehm and Ellis. The hall will be of community type, and uses will include films, dances and other social activities. It is hoped building will be completed before the end of 1954.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 23rd December 1953.
|Address:||21 Coromandel Parade, Blackwood, 5051|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.023045|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 14th April, 1957|