Arno Bay War Memorial HallPrint Page
The Hall was erected in memory of those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One and World War Two.
Despite inclement weather, a large crowd gathered at the site of the Arno Bay War Memorial Hall when Mr. E. M. Mitchell laid the foundation stone of the building. Mr. Mitchell was introduced by the vice-president (Mr. K. Siviour) in the absence of the president (Mr.C.A.Burgess).
He has been a member of the Cleve District Council and an ardent worker for local activities. Mr. Mitchell congratulated the enthusiastic committee and public of the Arno Bay district on their enterprise in fostering this fine memorial to those who made the supreme sacrifice for freedom.
Port Lincoln Times (SA), 28 October 1954.
|Address:||Tel El Kebir Terrace, Arno Bay, 5603|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.911104|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 23rd October, 1954|
War Memorial Hall Inc.
1914 - 18 1939 - 45