Aldgate Memorial HallPrint Page
Aldgate Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who served.
Tenders, for the building of Aldgate Memorial Hall will be called soon. The hall will be built behind the local institute. Local stone will be used for the main external walls and large glassed areas will face the northeast and south-west. A feature of the design is the use made of a difficult site by terracing and the placing of floor levels. The hall will seat 300 people, and a supper room, dressing rooms and a stage will be provided. The architects for the project are Evans and Bruer, Philpot and Partners.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 13th February 1954.
|Address:||Kingsland Road, Aldgate, 5154|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.01649|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Evans and Bruer, Philpot and Partners. (architects)|