Undera Memorial HallPrint Page
The Undera Memorial Hall was built to commemorate the local men who had served in World War One. It replaced an earlier timber hall (since demolished) on a different site.
A public meeting in 1924 began fundraising for the new facility, with the Undera RSL leading the campaign by raising £500 through holding dances, bazaars and a 'queen competition'. Debentures were issued to secure the remaining balance. The bricks were made on site from clay that was also dug out there. The hall was opened and an honour roll unveiled by Mr Martin on 26th August 1928 in the presence of 300 people. The Argus (Melbourne) 28th August 1928.
|Address:||Echuca - Mooroopna Road & Madill Road, Undera, 3629|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.277734|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th August, 1928|