Peace MemorialPrint Page
The Memorial Pipe Organ was dedicated to the memory of pioneers of the Church and to those who made the supreme sacrifice in World Wars One and Two.
At the end of World War Two, the idea that a pipe organ would be an appropriate memorial to the pioneers and the men who made the Supreme Sacrifice in the First and Second World Wars. On May 10th 1943, after learning that her son had been killed in battle, and to perpetuate his memory, a bereaved mother, who was a member of the Church, gave a sum of money, on receipt of which, the Rev. R. W. Stephens introduced the idea which was approved by Session and Board, that the gift be held in trust as the commencement of a Fund for the purpose of providing a memorial in the form of a pipe organ to be erected within St. Andrews.
|Address:||310 Barkly Street, St. Andrews Church , Footscray, 3011|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.798927|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Hill,Norman & Beard|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 19th September, 1954|